How to check in on the Ibiza Formentera ferry?
From “Próximo Ferry”, we send you an email with all the necessary information you need to know before your trip. It’s important that you prepare the necessary documentation and that you follow the instructions to check in your ticket to travel from Ibiza to Formentera, depending on the company you travel with.
You will find 4 companies that cover the boat route from Ibiza to Formentera: Trasmapi Lines, Baleària, Mediterránea Pitiusa and Aquabus. Their ferries make several daily routes.
Trasmapi is a Spanish company, founded in 1960. It operates between Ibiza and Formentera and they guarantee a comfortable trip on its fast ferries. It has a fleet of 6 ferries: Ibiza Jet, Formentera Jet, Eivissa Jet, Illetas Jet, Migjorn Jet and the Castaví Jet. On our website you will find all the schedules.
Baleària is a Spanish company based in Dènia, operating since 1998. It offers numerous departures between Ibiza and Formentera every day.
The duration of the boat trip from Ibiza to Formentera lasts between 25 minutes and 1 hour, depending on the type of boat you have chosen in your reservation.
Company that operates between the Pitiusas Islands, they have a fleet composed of 4 boats. It takes 35 minutes with Jet line and Express Line with a duration of 25 minutes is a bit faster. Take note that the duration depends always on the sea/weather conditions.
Company that began operating in 1985 with trios from Ibiza to Formentera. This summer it added two new twin vessels to offer a better service.
Once you have your reservation, you must bear in mind that you must issue the boarding passes through the check-in section of the website, directly at the box office or at the machines at the Ibiza or Formentera maritime stations, on the same day that you go to travel.
At this point you must take pay attention that some shipping companies do not allow the issuance of boarding passes online, so we recommend you continue reading how to do the Chek-in in the shipping company that you want to make the reservation.
- If you travel in Trasmapi, you can check-in on its website (www.trasmapi.com), in the machines that the company has in the maritime stations of Ibiza and Formentera or at the ticket offices.
- If you travel with Baleària, you can check-in on its website (www.balearia.com), at the machines that the company has, at maritime stations or at ticket offices.
Check-in Mediterránea Pitiusa
- If you travel in Mediterránea Pitiusa, you can check-in on its website (https://mediterraneapitiusa.com/), or at the maritime station ticket offices.
- If you travel by Aquabus, you can go directly to the Ibiza Formentera boat with your voucher and get your boarding pass on board.
Once you have completed the online check-in, you can board presenting your boarding pass directly to the staff on board when boarding the Ibiza Formentera ship and so avoid queues at the ticket offices, especially in the summer season.
¿Why book your ferry tickets with Próximo Ferry?
We make easier for you to book your ticket to Formentera or Ibiza!
You can check all the available schedules of all the companies here, and you also have all these advantages:
- Check the state of the sea in real time. Know the weather forecast you will find during your trip.
- Services on board of each of the ferries. So, you will know if you have WI-FI, a children’s area or if vehicles are allowed to board.
- From Próximo Ferry we always try to give you as much information as possible and show you all the available options so that your trip is perfect.
- Skip the lines at the box office.
- And when everything is organized, we are still by your side thanks to our APP.
- We’ll notify you in real time about all cancellations or incidents and everything from in your mobile.
¡Don’t forget to check our travel tips! And book your ticket on Próximo Ferry.
We hope we have helped you. Happy journey!