Fornalutx, the most beautiful town in Spain
Próximo Ferry | May 5, 2023
This town in Mallorca, belongs to the association of the most beautiful towns in Spain, due to the quality of its conservation. If you want to know a little more about the island of Mallorca, keep reading!
Fornalutx is located at the Sierra de Tramuntana, its stone stairs and flowers and pots everywhere stand out.
How to get to Fornalutx?
By car it takes about 50 minutes as it is 33 kilómeters away from Palma. You will have to take the ma-11 to Sóller and from there take the Ma-10 that will leave you in Fornalutx.
The direct line bus from Palma, is 204, to Port de Sóller. There you will have to take line 232 to Fornalutx.
Another way to get there is to get to Sóller, with the old wooden train in Palma de Mallorca, and once you are in Sóller take line 232 to get to Fornalutx.
We leave you the official Transport website, to check the frequency of the bus lines here.
What to see in Fornalutx
If you are wondering what to see in Fornalutx, we give you several ideas so that you can plan your getaway to Mallorca.
- The best thing is to leave the car and visit its streets, the stone of its facades and the flowers and pots adorn the houses, inviting more and more visitors to take their photo to post on Instagram. The most photogenic streets that we recommend visiting are: Carrer de l’Esgleisa, Carrer de Metge Mayol, Carrer de L’Esgleisa, Carrer de Sant Sebastià, and Carrer des Vent.
- Its a 13th Century church, in Gothic and Baroque style, with several works of art from the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Rest and sit on the terraces of the Plaza de España, and try local specialties.
- If you want to see its history, visit the Casal de Can Xoroi, and you will see its old photographs.
- And since you don’t do one of the hiking routes through the Serra de Tramuntana, you have several itineraries that start in the town of Fornalutx.
Where to eat in Fornalutx?
Throughout the year, there are numerous restaurants in Fornalutx, you can eat typical food from the area or Italian or tapas-based food.
One of the most popular restaurants is the Café Med restaurant, it has its own garden and they cook fresh and quality products, its menu is subject to seasonal products. Calzone Pizzeria also well known, with an option for gluten-free dishes, and ideal to go with children.
If you are thinking of getting to know Fornalutx, and resting for a few days with family or friends, book here your ferry to Mallorca, from Valencia, Dénia or Barcelona.